Introduction - Preserving Your Privacy
This Privacy statement is in compliance with the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 which comes into force on 21 December 2001.
Plumbers Union Qld has long had concerns about the protection of privacy, particularly for employees and the general public and welcomes the new Privacy Legislation which aims to protect the privacy rights of Australian individuals.
It also acknowledges the importance of protecting the privacy of any personally identifiable information about visitors to our website.
This statement will let you know what information is collected about you when you visit one of our sites, how the information is used, to whom it is disclosed and your ability to have any incorrect personal information amended.
Collection of Statistical Information
Plumbers Union Qld collects the following information for the purposes of statistics:
• The user's server address;
• The user's top level domain name (eg. .com, .gov etc);
• The date & time of the visit to the site;
• Pages accessed & documents downloaded;
• Previous site visited; and
• The type of browser used. No attempts are made to personally identify users. The only exception to this would be in the unlikely event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider's Logs. Plumbers Union Qld does not collect cookies. Cookies are a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user.
Collection of Personal Information
Plumbers Union Qld does collect personal information that is provided voluntarily by visitors to our websites. We do this through forms which are forwarded to officials. We collect personal information for the purposes of:
• requests to join a union;
• queries for information about industrial relations issues and rights in the workplace;
• signatures for online petitions;
• collection of email addresses for those expressing an interest in union campaigns;
• collection of email addresses for those interested in receiving news or other information;
• collection and publication of contact information for posting for job vacancies; and
• feedback forms. Plumbers Union Qld does not collect personal financial information about any of our website visitors. However, if you are filling in a form on one of our sites, we may ask you to indicate your salary range for the purpose of ensuring correct union referral. This information will not be forwarded to any other affiliate or organisation without your prior consent.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The information provided voluntarily by users of our websites is only disclosed to our affiliates for the purposes of making a union referral through the Join a Union form.
Where online petitions are signed as part of a union campaign, this information will be forwarded to a Member of Parliament for the purpose of tabling in either the Queensland State Parliament or the Federal Parliament, depending on the union campaign.
Any information provided voluntarily by users of the website is forwarded to Officials of the Plumbers Union Qld for the purpose of answering queries.
We will not forward your information to any person or organisation without your prior informed consent, which we will contact you with regard to.
Links to Other Websites
Plumbers Union Qld accepts no responsibility for the content appearing on any website linked to the Plumbers Union Qld website.
We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Plumbers Union Qld - about Privacy Issues
This policy will be reviewed periodically and the Plumbers Union Qld reserves its right to review, modify or remove portions of this policy at any time.